RENTAL CAR INFORMATION
CAR RENTAL AUTHORITY FORMS
The car rental forms are completely separate to the Insurance Forms required.A letter of authority needs to be signed so all additional charges related to hire vehicles can be charged on a credit card. Any teams who do not supply these details to us prior to there arrival will have to liaise directly with the hire company’s on arrival and arrange to hand over all the relevant information and pick up their cars on their own from the hire car depots located on the Gold Coast
WITH OUT THESE COMPLETED FORMS CARS CANNOT BE DELIVERED TO YOUR ACCOMMODATION
NETBALL & RUGBY TEAMS TO USE THE SAME FORM – Rental Car Form
HIRE CAR ACCIDENT EXCESS
What if I have an accident?
- Immediately inform your car hire company of the accident. Check with them (and your car hire insurance company, where applicable) for their specific procedures and requirements
- Ensure you record the name and address of the individuals involved (i.e. driver and owner of the vehicles), as well as the registration plates and licence details
- Get details of any witnesses who can testify as to what happened
- If possible, take photos of the scene as further documentation
- Notify the local police and obtain a signed police report
- If you damage your rental car, the car rental company will automatically deduct the MAXIMUM amount you are liable for ($3000) from the credit card you’ve registered with them.
- After evaluating the damages and if they ultimately amount to less than that, only then will the hire companies reimburse you for the difference. This can take time. Meanwhile, you need to know that you’ll find yourself with a full excess charge sitting on your credit card.
- WorldSport has negotiated the maximum liability amount down from $5400 to $3000 to ensure it is within the maximum claim amount available with our recommended QBE insurance policies. However, as with all insurance claims, you can expect this to take a few weeks to be reimbursed.
Don’t Breach Your Contract
- There are various clauses in car rental contracts which explain what they deem a “breach of contract”. This could include driving on unsealed roads, on beaches, in the snow, drunk and in underground car parks which are not high enough for your vehicle to enter.
- If you do any of these things, your entire contract could be considered void.
- This means you may no longer be protected by any insurance as originally stated in your agreement. The cap on your damage liability may be nullified and you could potentially be charged up to the cost of the entire car if you end up in an accident anytime during the rest of your trip (i.e. even if it didn’t occur during your contract-breaching escapade). And you won’t be able to claim a dime. So inform yourself on what they consider a breach, don’t do it and you’ll be fine.
INSURANCE TO COVER EXCESS COSTS
It is of great concern to WorldSport that we have team managers who are going to be driving hire vehicles as part of their tour but have not taken out travel insurance with WorldSport to cover the rental vehicle accident excess.
Please be advised that WorldSport is still able to issue policies for anyone who needs this to be done – the cost can be added to the tour costing or invoiced separately – alternatively please ensure you have some level of coverage as you will be charged by the hire companies in the event of an accident!
Fuel Tank Refill Charges
Please be aware all hire vehicles need to be returned with FULL fuel tanks. The hire company’s will charge you if the tanks are not completely full. Car Rental Forms – You will not be able to have delivery of your vehicle or begin your car rental without us having sent on to the Hire company your letter of authority, credit card details and drivers details.